The University Foundation announces that the 2015 Bonnie Luke Scholarship is now open for application. The scholarship awards a student parent up to $1,500 for spring semester 2015. The deadline is Nov. 24, 2014.
Bonnie Luke was an academic advisor at Metropolitan State from 1988 to 1994. She died of breast cancer in 1994. Bonnie Luke had a high regard for Metropolitan State students who struggled to balance career, home and children. This scholarship celebrates Luke’s outstanding commitment to higher education.
To qualify for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a parent raising a minor child or children
- Be an officially admitted to Metropolitan State by scholarship deadline date, Nov. 24, 2014.
- Have an officially declared major
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing after receiving grades for at least one term at Metropolitan State
- Be registered for spring semester 2015
Students may download the scholarship application here.
More information on available scholarships are found on the Financial Aid Office’s Scholarships Web page.
All application materials must be received by Gateway Student Services no later than noon on Monday, Nov. 24.