Metropolitan State’s Management Information Systems Department now offers a Healthcare Information Technology Management Graduate Certificate. This 22-credit program is designed to prepare professionals for the specialized needs of IT in healthcare, including the creation, management, storage, decision-support and sharing of health-related information.
Subject matter includes:
- basic information management and general MIS/IT principles and practices
- process analysis and project management
- supporting the delivery of healthcare services and tracking health status
- managing information and legal requirements related to healthcare industry outcomes
- managing ethical and privacy considerations of healthcare information
- how MIS/IT can facilitate biomedical research
To find out more visit the program Web page.