Is graduating this fall on your to-do list? Drop by the Graduation Expo between 9 a.m.–1:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 24, at the Saint Paul Campus, New Main, Great Hall and check off most of the things you need to get done:
- get tickets for the commencement ceremony
- purchase your cap and gown
- order graduation rings, diploma covers and frames, and personalized commencement invitations
- get information about transcripts, diplomas, job fairs and job vacancies
- join the Alumni Association listserv and register for door prizes
- sit for a precommencement portrait
The Grad Expo is designed to make things easier for you. In 30 minutes or less, you can take care of many details that will make your graduation memorable. The event is presented by Collegiate Cap and Gown Company, Division of Herff Jones, Inc., and Metropolitan State University. If you are unable to attend Grad Expo, you will receive information in your university e-mail from the Graduation Office on how to obtain guest tickets and regalia for the commencement ceremony.
With a precommencement portrait in cap and gown, you will receive a coupon for a free 5” x 7” portrait, and can order more photos online at www.gradimages.com. GradImages will send a passport-sized proof by mail about one week after the Grad Expo. There is no obligation to purchase.
- Each portrait sitting is efficient, takes less than 15 minutes and will result in multiple image choices.
- Free proofs of all images will be e-mailed and mailed to you, so there is no need to make your purchasing decision on that day.
- Commencement regalia will be available for you to use.
- Wear a nice shirt or blouse. Even though the provided gown will cover most of your clothes, the top part of the shirt is noticeable. Men should wear a dress shirt and a tie.