Be ready. There will be several lane closures east of downtown St. Paul. Know your route before you drive Interstate 94.
- From 5 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday May 21, the right westbound lane of I-94 between Century Ave. and Hwy 61 will be closed.
- Also, from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m, Saturday, May 21, the left westbound lane of Old Hudson frontage road from Century Ave. to Mcknight Rd. will be closed.
- At 6 p.m. Sunday, May 22, the right eastbound lane of I-94 between Hwy 61 and Century Avenue will be closed until 5 a.m. Monday, May 23.
Crews are preparing for the next phase of construction, during which westbound lanes of I-94 will be resurfaced. Weekend work will lead to additional closures coming next week.
- At 7 p.m. Monday, May 23, the right westbound lane of I-94 between I-694 and Mounds Blvd. will be closed until 5 a.m., Tuesday, May 24.
- At 8 p.m., Tuesday, May 24, eastbound I-94 traffic will be reduced to a single lane between Mounds Blvd. and Century Avenue until 5 a.m., Wednesday, May 25.
- At 7 p.m., Wednesday, May 25, westbound I-94 traffic will be reduced to a single lane between Century Aveune and Mounds Blvd. until 5 a.m., Thursday, May 26.
Be ready for Memorial Day:
Work will continue into Memorial Day weekend with overnight closures.
- From 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night from Thursday, May 26, through Saturday, May 28, eastbound I-94 traffic will be reduced to two lanes and westbound I-94 traffic reduced to a single lane between Mounds Blvd. and Century Avenue. These closures are necessary in order to set up a traffic barrier for Phase 2 construction.
During construction, expect delays and if possible, use another route to travel through the area.
For more information about the project, visit: www.mndot.gov/i94eastmetro
For questions or concerns about this work, contact our project team:
- 612-547-3206 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org.