Metropolitan State University’s Healthcare Navigator is now available for students to access and utilize.
Jodee Fitzgerald is located in Founders Hall 240D and can answer questions in regards to OnCare, the telemedicine platform that is now available. In addition, she can assist in identifying both internal and external community health and wellness resources. Stop by at Founders Hall 240D, call 651-793-1552 or e-mail email@example.com to get your healthcare and wellness questions answered.
What is Healthcare and Wellness Services?
During spring semester 2017, students were charged a $2.50 per credit fee for Healthcare and Wellness Services, which was approved by the Metropolitan State University Student Senate in 2014. As result, students will be able to access to OnCare, a telemedicine platform available at no cost. In addition, other health and wellness initiatives will be available to students throughout the year.
What is OnCare?
Be aware that Zipnosis, the telemedicine platform is changing its name starting May 1, and will be known as OnCare. OnCare will enable students to access online healthcare in minutes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays.
Students will need a smartphone or computer to use OnCare. The new link effective May 1 is oncare.org/passcode/MSU. For new users, please remember to register using your Metropolitan State email address and Star ID.
Healthcare and Wellness Services is working to update their webpage to reflect this change.
Students will be able to get quick care for a number of conditions including:
- Colds, flu, strep throat
- Hay fever and allergies
- Swimmer’s ear
- Whooping cough (pertussis) exposure
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
How does OnCare work?
- Register at oncare.org/passcode/MSU with your Metropolitan State e-mail.
- Answer questions regarding your symptoms
- When a Fairview clinician has diagnosed you, you will receive an email to your University account
- Log back into OnCare for your treatment plan, and/or prescription
- If you need a strep test, you will need to enter the promo code MSUTICKET to access the OnCare website
- Either print out or take a snapshot of the OnCare and take it to one of the designated Fairview clinic locations
- If other treatment is needed, students will be responsible for payment through their insurance or by paying out of pocket
The University is excited to provide Healthcare and Wellness Services to our students. If you have questions or need more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call our Healthcare Navigator, Jodee Fitzgerald at 651-793-1552, or stop by Founders Hall 240D.