Construction crews are making progress on the eastbound Interstate 94 pavement replacement. The old pavement is nearly completely removed, and construction crews are on track to begin pouring concrete for the new driving surface of the eastbound lanes this week.
As the project progresses, so does the need to adjust traffic restrictions to give crews the space to complete this important work.
Expect these changes in the coming weeks within the work zone:
- The ramp from eastbound I-94 to northbound McKnight Road will close early Thursday morning, July 20. Anticipate re-opening both eastbound I-94 to McKnight Road ramps in August.
- The ramp from Etna Street to southbound Highway 61 will close early Monday morning, July 24, through the end of August
Ramps are being closed to they may be repaved. Closure durations and time frames are all approximate and weather dependent.
Anticipate final construction stage in early August. There will be additional lane and ramp closures (and openings) before the project is completed this fall.
- Sign up for project email updates
- Visit the project website
- Follow on Twitter @mndotnews for ramp and lane closures
- Email the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the project hotline at 612-547-3206
Visit www.511mn.org for real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota.