Do you need assistance preparing your 2017 income tax return? Want to make sure you’re taking advantage of earned income credits, and not leaving money on the table? Metropolitan State University has you covered.
Working students, senior citizens, people with disabilities, and households that earned less than $54,000 in 2017 will qualify for free tax preparation assistance. No appointment is needed.
Walk-in services will be held at the Saint Paul Campus Library and Learning Center, Third Floor, Room 312:
- 9am-3pm, Saturday, Feb. 10
- 9am-3pm, Saturday, Feb. 17
- 4pm-7pm, Tuesday, March 6
- 4pm-7pm, Thursday, March 8
In order to get the most out of this program, please come prepared and bring the following:
- Health insurance information including form 1095.
- Social Security cards for yourself, your spouse and each of your children.
- Any 2017 tax forms or “tax label” postcards received in the mail.
- W-2 wage and earnings statements from each employer for the year 2017.
- A copy of your 2016 tax return.
- Any other information about your 2017 earnings including 1099-G forms stating unemployment.
- Insurance or interest (form 1099-INT) or dividend (form 1099-DIV) as applicable.
- Information on child care expenses.
- Information on other expenses that may reduce your taxes: mortgage interest, union dues, car registration fees, medical expenses, or school expenses.
- Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) forms from your landlord if you rent.
- Statement of property taxes if you are a homeowner.
Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to get your taxes done correctly, for free, and on time! This program is made possible through the Metropolitan State University College of Management. For more information, contact Robert Sausen at firstname.lastname@example.org.