Fall Fest, Metropolitan State’s homecoming week, is Monday, Sept. 8 through Saturday, Sept. 13. Students are invited to attend the many family-friendly events that include free food and giveaways at every university location throughout the week, including the “Big Day” at the Minnesota Humanities Center on Saturday, Sept. 13.
Student Life and Leadership Development visits each university location to connect with students to share resources and information about student organization. Handouts for university community opportunities are available at these events.
The following is a schedule of the week’s activities:
Tuesday, Sept. 9: Free food and giveaways at Minneapolis Campus
- Minneapolis Campus—second level of the MEC building, 1300 Harmon Place, Minneapolis, from 4–6 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 10: Free food and giveaways at Brooklyn Park LECJEC and Midway Center
- Brooklyn Park—second floor lobby of Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Education Center, 9110 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Park, from 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Midway Center—east entrance, 1450 Energy Park Drive, Saint Paul, from 4 p.m. until the food is gone.
Thursday, Sept. 11 Free food and giveaways at Saint Paul College (temporary location)
- Saint Paul College (temporary location)—fourth floor hall/student lobby, 235 Marshall Avenue, Saint Paul, from 4:45 p.m. until the food is gone.
Friday, Sept. 12: Dinner with the Leaders
- A free formal dinner for university students. The keynote speaker for the evening is Kasim Aburrazzaq, sharing his address “Leadership is Everyone’s Business.” Free food is provided. Includes a free raffle for prizes, including a tablet. RSVP via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Minnesota Humanities Center, 987 Ivy Avenue, East Saint Paul, from 5–8 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 13: Fall Fest, The Big Day
To close homecoming week, join the University Activities Board for the big celebration at the Minnesota Humanities Center. From noon–4 p.m., activities for adults and children are offered by Metropolitan State student organizations, including entertainment, giveaways, food and more. Minnesota Humanities Center, 987 Ivy Avenue, East Saint Paul.